Say what? What is this? Well, honestly, drinking hot chocolate and eating gingerbread men definitely put me in the mood for Christmas but you know what else does? Fanfic. Nothing says Christmas like fanfic written for the holiday. I'm pretty sure I holed myself up one year to just read and read and I do hope that you do the same. Or if you don't, just glance at the names and enjoy the nostalgic kick to the past!
A gigantic, ginormous, huge thank you to the v. v. talented and awesomesauce url_girl for making the kick ass Cmas graphic! I also direct you to her past awesome icon contributions here, here (made for the Snowin' and Blowin' Challenge), here, and here, here, here, here, and here!
1. bigboobedcanuck brought us the 12 Years of Christmas and this is so my canon forever and ever. You just spend year after year with them and it's like you're a fly on the wall.
2. E and E brought us the 12 Days of Christmas in which they take us on a journey that you can only take with Brian and Justin.
3. I spend every year with Rizabeau's epic Sugar Plum Fairies. I hear that. Don't laugh. It's not epic as in the best thing that I've ever read and you have to ignore the "baby's" and long, long passages that are probably difficult to get through. But, you know what? I don't care! There are adorable babies in it, more in-character moments than out of character moments, and it brings together the whole gang featuring Brian and Justin, of course. How wrong can that be?
4. There's Danny's Gift Gabbing which I haven't read in a while. But, if you like that furniture series, the Jealousy series (WHICH I LOVE), you'll enjoy this!
5. Randall has a series of Christmas related fics here that I will always rec out just because. I'm a fan of The Other Side of the Fence. That has some ... holiday themes in it.
6. untitled!Christmas fic by windtossed right here. Short but sweet.
7. reinabelle's Mistletoe and Ho Ho Ho because CHRISTMAS SMUT WITH CHRISTMAS LOVE AND HOW CAN YOU RESIST THOSE COMBOS?
8. severina2001's Of Comfort and Joy. You know what severina2001's fic feels like? It's like, sitting with a mug of warm apple cider, grabbing a blanket, and settling in comfortably. It's like that. This one has scrabble and Brian and Justin being epic. What else do you need? Oh, I know. More fic from her! A Non-Traditional Christmas Feast aka amelialourdes' heart clenches like a clenching thing. The Truth in which Justin is hungry. You'll see.
9. mclachlan has Wreck of the Dayhere. Brian doesn't do Christmas. Psh, yeah right.
10. suzvoy (I knew you had one!) has Quack which is totes not a Christmas story ... except it totes is.
11. Last and not least (not like any of these were in order of epicness) was the Snowin' and Blowin' Challenge. Geocities died and took our beautiful fic with it but it was pretty much the most awesome challenge done for the holidays. Pretty much. Many, many wonderful pieces of fanfic came out of there and if I sat here and described them all to you, I'd be here all night.
So, how about you just look through them and enjoy that holiday feeling that washes over you.
You can download it here: Snowin' and Blowin' Challenge - Fan Fic. It's a .rar file so extract it to open the files!
That should keep you all occupied for now. More to be added when I have time to go through the wonderful helpings that our fandom gave to us. Enjoy these!
MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!